Youth Support Services
The Wayss Youth Support Services is the primary entry point for young people experiencing or at risk of homelessness in Greater Dandenong, Casey and Cardinia. There are a range of support services available to young people aged 16 to 25 years, including transitional housing support and access to crisis accommodation options.
What we do
Youth workers provide support to address your housing needs by discussing your circumstances and trying to find the best option. It is best if you contact as early as possible. You will need to bring some documents with you, such as identification and income details.
Youth workers can provide support to address housing issues, including:
- Information, advice, advocacy and referral in response to your housing needs
- Assistance if you do not have a safe place to stay that night
- Referrals to other government and community support services
- Referrals to Wayss programs
- Advocacy on housing related issues or facilitated referrals to more specialised tenancy rights and advocacy services
- Limited financial assistance, if eligible as per Office of Housing Guidelines, for rent in advance, rent arrears or crisis and/or short term accommodation utilising Housing Establishment Funds (HEF)
We can also assist and support you to return home if this is a safe and secure option.
Who can access Wayss Youth Services?
Young people 16 to 25 years of age in the municipalities of Greater Dandenong, Casey and Cardinia.