Step Ahead Program
Step Ahead is a supported accommodation program for single young people aged 16-25 years who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness within Casey and Cardinia. This disruptive new model is breaking the cycle of youth homelessness in Australia – click here for details on the ideas behind this.
What we do
Step Ahead can:
- Provide you with supported accommodation, shared with one other person
- Support you to develop skills and knowledge required to live independently
- Work with your to achieving your goals
As a Step Ahead participant you are asked to:
- Participate in regular Living and Life Skills workshops
- Be enrolled in and undertaking an education, employment or training activity
- Attend support visits with your worker at least twice per week
- Sign a lease and abide by the rights and responsibilities of the Residential Tenancies Act. This allows for the development of a rental history and to gain the knowledge to live independently in the future.
Who can access Step Ahead?
Single young people16-25 years of age with links to Casey and Cardinia who are:
- Experiencing, or at risk of homelessness
- Willing to engage in intensive case management
- Studying, working or training
How can you access Step Ahead?
A young person can contact Wayss or they can be referred by their worker.
To find out more contact the Youth team at Dandenong or Berwick.