Step Ahead Program
Step Ahead is a supported accommodation program for single young people aged 16-25 years who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness within Casey and Cardinia. This disruptive new model is breaking the cycle of youth homelessness in Australia – click here for details on the ideas behind this.
What we do
Step Ahead can:
- Provide you with supported accommodation, shared with one other person
- Support you to develop skills and knowledge required to live independently
- Work with your to achieving your goals
As a Step Ahead participant you are asked to:
- Participate in regular Living and Life Skills workshops
- Be enrolled in and undertaking an education, employment or training activity
- Attend support visits with your worker at least twice per week
- Sign a lease and abide by the rights and responsibilities of the Residential Tenancies Act. This allows for the development of a rental history and to gain the knowledge to live independently in the future.
Who can access Step Ahead?
Single young people16-25 years of age with links to Casey and Cardinia who are:
- Experiencing, or at risk of homelessness
- Willing to engage in intensive case management
- Studying, working or training
How can you access Step Ahead?
You can contact Wayss or you can be referred by your worker.
To find out more contact the Youth team.
You can call 03 9791 6111
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org