The Southern Melbourne Integrated Family Violence Partnership
Wayss has been a committed, active partner of the Southern Melbourne Integrated Family Violence Partnership since the first wave of the family violence reforms in 2006. Since 2009, Wayss has been auspicing the Principle Strategic Advisor (family violence systems).
The partnership is a committee of key stakeholders, whose role is to implement the Victorian Government’s family violence reform agenda in the Department of Health and Human Services’ southern Melbourne area. It also holds strategic responsibility and accountability for this implementation and system integration of service delivery.
Responsibilities of the Partnership
The Southern Melbourne Integrated Family Violence Partnership has strategic responsibility and accountability for supporting the necessary family violence reforms and integrating service delivery across the southern Melbourne areas of the Department of Health and Humans Services’ South Division. This includes:
- Driving the implementation of the Family Violence Rolling Action Plan 2017-2020; the pending Industry Taskforce Rolling Action Plan and Free from Violence Prevention Strategy
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the systemic reforms
- Ensuring a joined up and integrated service system by providing a strategic systemic focus
- Identifying service gaps and commonalities
- Undertaking consultations and providing advocacy to further influence reforms on behalf of the Southern Melbourne Area
Aims of the Partnership
The Southern Melbourne Integrated Family Violence Partnership aims to:
- Set the strategic priorities for the area to meet the Government’s reform agenda
- Identify issues, risks, demand and service gaps
- Make decisions on what needs to be addressed, informed by good data
- Provide a unified voice and to advocate and influence peak bodies and government
- Identify commonalities and drive consistent, strategic, joined-up approaches where appropriate
- Remove obstacles to the success of the partnership’s purpose and aims
Represent sub-sector interests at the regional and state levels
You might also be interested in:
Family Violence Child Protection Partnership
Wayss auspices a family violence specialist worker based within child protection investigation team.