Specialist Family Violence Program
What we do
The Specialist Family Violence Program provides family violence support and case management to women and their children experiencing family violence, including safety planning and assistance to address risks
The Family Violence Outreach Program provides:
- Safety planning and risk management
- Advocacy and liaison with police, courts and legal services
- Referrals to counselling and fines support
- Assistance with tenancy and lease issues and housing
- Funding referrals for Family Violence Flexible Support Packages
- Children’s case management support
- Support to work towards goals to live a life free from violence
Who can access the services?
Women and their children who are residing within the City of Greater Dandenong, City of Casey, Cardinia Shire and Bayside Peninsula.
How can you access the services?
Women and their children can be referred to the Specialist Family Violence Program by external services, or by contacting Wayss.
To find out more contact the Family Violence team at Wayss.
The Wayss children’s workers provide dedicated case management support to children. This support also includes providing advocacy and support with school enrolments and child-specific needs. Children’s Case Workers can also assist with the following:
- Accessing material aid for children such as books, clothing,
- Referral to child specific services ie counselling
- Parent consultations regarding behavioural management, adolescent development, effects of family violence on children, sleep problems, nightmares, body issues, confidence and self- esteem, anxiety and depression