and Support Services
Family Advocacy and Support Services (FASS) provide access to legal information and advocacy for women and their children experiencing family violence.
Wayss supports the FASS program through a Specialist Family Violence Worker who is located at the Dandenong Family Law Court. Other services are based at Melbourne Family Law Court.
What we do?
The Specialist Family Violence FASS worker provides assistance to women and their children who have experienced family violence to access information and advocacy in relation to family law proceedings.
At FASS, women are supported with:
- Access legal advice regarding family law matters from duty lawyers
- Receive information and advocacy regarding family law proceedings
- Referrals to appropriate support services
- Safety planning and risk assessment
- Links to other court services
Who can access FASS?
This service is for families who are affected by family violence, who have commenced or are looking to commence family law proceedings.
How can you access FASS?
Attend either the Dandenong or Melbourne Family Law Court and ask to speak with the FASS Information Referral Officer.